In my years as a copywriter, I’ve seen more than my share of frustrated business owners. When we take the dive into entrepreneurship, no one hands us an instruction manual. And even if they did, it’d be obsolete in a matter of days.
Instead, we need a team of professionals to help us along the way. A team who can guide us in their area of expertise so we can be successful—no matter where we started. A team who isn’t going to break the bank.
Just a few things I’ve learned in the first 10 years of my copywriting journey:
- Even those who love to write often need help figuring out what to write
- It’s really tough (but completely necessary) to look at your own business from a fresh perspective
- There may be a lot of resources out there, but they are often too expensive for new business owners
- Business ownership can be a confusing, frustrating place—especially when everyone seems to be telling you something different
I hear you. And while having a copywriter on your team is a great way to move your business forward, knowing what they need to write is key.
Because without the right strategy, you’re just spinning your wheels and not making any traction.
With the right strategy, you can target the right audience. That means your business grows and you’re fulfilled—spiritually and financially.
That’s where I come in.
I put the strategy in your content. The pow in your message. The structure in your communication.
While I love kicking out website copy and blog posts, I get the most pleasure from diving deep into your business to figure out exactly what content you need to move forward. And, yes, that means coming up with the ideas (with your input, of course) and creating the plan to make it happen.
Whether your copywriter takes it from there or you want to write your content yourself, I’m here to support. If you’re taking on your own content creation, I offer content coaching and DIY courses so you can get it all done. No one should have to go through their business journey without the right support team by their side.
Find out more about how you can work with me, and let’s get started! Or, head over to My Brand page for more on my values and how I like to work.
What Makes Me Different
I don’t think I’ll surprise anyone who knows me when I say: I’m an action-taker. I don’t hem and haw over decisions, because hemming and hawing doesn’t produce results. Action does. While I think it’s important to come from a place of being authentic and what feels right, mulling over decisions for weeks on end isn’t going to get things done. I want to get it done!
I also firmly believe that everyone has their own journey and space in business. No two businesses are the same, just like no two business owners have the same goals. I believe in finding what works for you and running with it (there’s that action again), not repurposing content ideas that someone else in your industry might be using (ick).
A little more about me:
- I have a bachelor’s in public relations and a master’s in curriculum and instruction—so I can write, market and teach.
- I spent 13 years in public education before I dove into my business full time.
- I come from a family of business owners. Both my parents, my sister and my paternal grandfather have all owned successful businesses—in everything from crafts to software and accounting to cattle. Yes, cattle. We originally hail from Kansas.
- I’m a single mom to a teenage daughter, so I’m more than dedicated to my business. This ain’t no hobby, folks. I’m in it for the long haul.
- I seem to be known for my love of a great IPA. I’m not sure what gave people the impression I love my beer, but cheers! (Note the sarcasm. It’s no secret at all.)